Welcome to my bio page! As corporate counsel, I only take cases that relate to my passion for health, fitness, outdoor recreation, nutrition, health education, well-being, dietary supplement regulation, recreation equipment, etc. If you work in one of these areas, I may be able to help you with your business law and regulatory needs. If we are not a good match, I may be able to refer you to another attorney. Feel free to contact me through the contact page for ProselemUSA or by commenting on this bio. My article on How to find an attorney may also be helpful to you.
I was born in Montpellier, France and raised on the French tropical island of Reunion. I pursued my childhood dream of attending university in the United States and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Economics from Brigham Young University. Later, I studied law and obtained a Juris Doctor degree from BYU Law School.
I have maintained strong ties with France and the French culture. In addition, I enjoy trail running, reading, cooking, gardening, hiking, biking, camping, nature, photography, classical music, opera, fine arts and spending time with friends and family. Nutrition, fitness, healthy lifestyles, outdoor recreation and a love of nature are a common denominator in my activities.
I strongly believe that an ounce of prevention is worth significantly more than a pound of cure. This is as true in business law as it is in health matters! A well drafted contract can truly be an asset to your business. Even at the business creation stage, a customized partnership agreement or operating agreement can help protect you.
I currently serve as Corporate Counsel and CEO for ProselemUSA, a dba of VitaBioTech LLC.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate counsel services to dietary supplement companies
- New Dietary Ingredient Notifications (NDI notifications to FDA)
- GRAS, Labeling, Claims, food and dietary supplement regulation matters
- Business formation (partnerships, corporations, Limited Liability Companies)
- Business transactions (drafting, negotiations)
- Employment agreements (including non-compete, non-disclosure)
- Service, sales, manufacturing, distribution agreements
- Joint-venture agreements
- Research and development agreements
- Investor visas (EB5 program)
- Private placement memoranda (PPM)
- Stock sale agreements
- Due diligence research
- Utah, 2002
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Major: Economics
Latest favorite book
Why I love this book: Richard Louv has identified one of the key mechanisms whereby Americans often become fat, sick and disconnected from nature. This book gives me hope that, as a society, we can influence many children to grow up fit, healthy, energetic and loving the outdoors!
Thank you Verle Duerden of Action Whitewater Adventures for recommending this book!